January 2014 Astrology Forecast
January kicks off with the strongest New Moon of 2014 on New Year’s Day. It’s an incredible time for kicking off your New Year’s resolutions!
This Capricorn New Moon lines up in the midst of the month’s strongest aspect pattern. This potent Grand Cross featuring Mars, Jupiter, Uranus and Pluto can deliver an abundance of challenge, opportunity or both!
This eventful month also features exotic aspect patterns, including Mystic Rectangles and a Double Yod Key. There’s also a Cancer Full Moon, an Aquarius New Moon, a powerful Jupiter-Pluto opposition and Venus turning direct.
- All Month: waxing Jupiter-Uranus-Pluto square
- 1/1. Capricorn New Moon (strongest New Moon of 2014!)
- 1/5. T-square peaks: Mars-Jupiter-Pluto
- 1/8. Grand Cross peaks: Mars-Jupiter-Uranus-Pluto
- 1/15. Full Moon in Cancer
- 1/19. Sun enters Aquarius
- 1/22. Mystic Rectangle peaks: Pallas Athena-Jupiter-Chiron-Pluto
- 1/27. Mystic Rectangle peaks: Pallas Athena-Juno-Chiron-Pluto
- 1/30. Aquarius New Moon
- 1/31. Jupiter opposes Pluto
- 1/31. Venus turns direct
- 1/31. Double Yod Key peaks: Sun-Pallas Athena-Jupiter-Uranus
The Story So Far
As January opens, we have two retrograde planets: Venus thru 1/31 and Jupiter thru 3/6. And the pervasive energies of revolutionary transformation (a Uranus-Pluto square), as well as universal love, compassion and spiritual awakening (Neptune in Pisces), remain powerful for years to come!
It’s best to avoid starting important new projects or making major purchases during these times. “Business as usual” is the best strategy for these periods, which occur when the Moon has made its last major Ptolemaic aspect but has not yet moved into the next sign.
- 1/2, 6:12 am – 12:05 pm (Aquarius)
- 1/3, 8:47 pm – 1/4, 12 pm (Pisces)
- 1/6, 4:45 am – 2:47 pm (Aries)
- 1/8, 11:22 am – 9:25 pm (Taurus)
- 1/11, 5:59 am – 07:27 am (Gemini)
- 1/12, 4:34 pm – 1/13, 07:26 pm (Cancer)
- 1/15, 11:53 pm – 1/16, 8:02 am (Leo)
- 1/18, 3:52 am – 8:25 pm (Virgo)
- 1/20, 3:56 pm – 1/21, 7:45 am (Libra)
- 1/22, 10:51 pm – 1/23, 4:45 pm (Scorpio)
- 1/25, 8:56 am – 10:14 pm (Sagittarius)
- 1/27, 5:03 pm – 1/28, 12:06 am (Capricorn)
- 1/29, 11:48 am – 11:35 pm (Aries)1/31, 11:45 am – 10:46 pm (Pisces)
Check back weekly for updated forecasts.
- April 21-27 2014 Astrology Forecast: Grand Cross Peaks!
- April 14-20, 2014 Astrology Forecast: Asteroid Goddesses Lunar Eclipse
- April 7-13 2014 Astrology Forecast: Cardinal Grand Cross Begins!
- March 31-April 6 2014 Astrology Forecast: Revolutionary Transformation Redux!
- March 24-30, 2014 Astrology Forecast: Powerful Aries New Moon
Whatever your Sun Sign, Benjamin’s forecasts can help you make the best use of the current astrological energies.
All dates and times are in the U.S. eastern time zone. Events are most powerful on the dates listed, but their influence will be active for at least several days before and after.
Everyone is affected by these global transits. However, you will be most powerfully impacted when moving planets activate sensitive points in your natal chart.
Subscribe to Forecasts
Find out when the latest forecasts are available. Subscribe below!
Follow AstroShaman on Twitter to receive Daily Forecast Tweets.
Category: Astrological Forecasts