About Benjamin Bernstein
I’m honored to have accomplished a few things of note. I…
- host iTunes’ #1 Astrology podcast, This Week in Astrology.
- was a Best Astrologer Winner 2013 thru 2015 (every year the Best Astrologer category existed) in Western North Carolina’s premier reader survey.
- am a professionally certified Astrologer, and have done about 6000 Astrology and Shamanic Healing sessions with a global clientele.
- post video astrology forecasts on my popular YouTube channel.
I’ve lectured or taught at five national Astrology conferences and retreats. I’ve written numerous Astrology forecasts for Natural Awakenings Magazine, and wrote the Shamanic Astrology chapter in the book Transpersonal Astrology: Explorations at the Frontier.
I’m also a Shamanic Healer and Awakening Activator. I consistently facilitate powerful healings and spiritual awakenings in my individual and group sessions. I’ve devoted myself to nearly 40 years of spiritual practice.
My greatest joy is helping others access or deepen their spiritual awakenings with my simple, effective Heal and Awaken Invocations. My spiritual path has included Kriya Yoga, Vipassana Buddhism, Peruvian shamanism, ayahuasca and San Pedro plant spirit medicine, Deeksha/Oneness Blessing and my invocations.
In addition, my EASE program, the Embodied Awakening Support Experience, is available by love offering. EASE offers weekly events via phone or web to help accelerate your healing and awakening. The online recording library lets you experience the life-transforming power of EASE anytime!
What qualities will I bring to your session?
- Compassionate. I’m warm, supportive and caring.
- Thorough and concise. Astrologically, I’ll give you a detailed, easy-to-understand explanation of your natal energies and current “cosmic weather.”
- Interactive. My dialogue-based style helps me make a meaningful connection with you, and makes sure that your needs are addressed.
- Professional. I maintain the same high standards of ethics, professionalism and confidentiality as a doctor or psychologist.
- Positive. Even the most difficult life situations are blessings in disguise. I can help you see every dark cloud’s silver lining!
- Multimodal. I can seamlessly integrate Astrology, Shamanic Astrology, Awakening Activation and/or Shamanic Healing into your session.
- Enjoyable. I take your session seriously, but can also lighten things up with a touch of humor when it’s appropriate.
My passion for Astrology awoke when transiting Uranus, ruler of astrology, approached conjunction to my natal Mercury. I mentored under the late Kelly Lee Phipps, and completed Kelly’s Professional Astrologer Certification Program. I also successfully completed ISAR‘s professional courses in Ethics and Counseling Skills.
In 2005 and 2006, I co-hosted 65 two-hour episodes of the Cosmic Weather audio podcast with Kelly. In 2007 I started my own audio podcast, This Week in Astrology, “the free podcast that deepens your astrological wisdom.” The show includes the cosmic weather forecast, and regularly features listener emails, listener consultations, and interviews with other Astrologers.
This Week in Astrology is iTunes’ #1 astrology podcast, a ranking it’s held for most of its run. I also post video astrology forecasts on my popular YouTube channel.
I’ve written Astrology columns for numerous print and online publications and websites, including The Indie, Rapid River Arts Magazine, Aquarius, AshevilleMagazine.com, EmergenceEarth.com and Natural Awakenings. I authored the Shamanic Astrology chapter in the 2013 book Transpersonal Astrology: Explorations at the Frontier.
I’ve spoken at three national Astrology conferences: NCGR, The Blast!, and UAC. I served on the board of the nonprofit Astrology organization OPA as Marketing Director for three years, and taught at two of OPA’s national Astrology retreats.
I’ve done energy healing for over 30 years. I was called to be a shamanic healer by ayahuasca, the living spirit of a sacred and powerful plant medicine. For thousands of years, ayahuasca has been used for healing and spiritual awakening by the indigenous peoples of the Amazon.
I’ve traveled to the Peruvian jungle four times to participate in deep-immersion ceremonial work with ayahuasca. I’ve participated in about 85 ayahuasca ceremonies. This profound work radically accelerated my healing and awakening process, and has been central to the development of my shamanic healing abilities. As a result, I can now reliably access the spiritual dimensions to assist my clients, even though no ayahuasca is consumed during my sessions.
I began my healing plant spirit work by attending several sacred ceremonies led by a San Pedro Cactus shaman, starting in 2006. Multi-year immersions into the healing power of the Pachakuti Mesa Tradition, based on indigenous Peruvian healing traditions, and the Oneness Blessing (Deeksha) movement based in India also helped my healing abilities flower.
I was certified as a Shamanic Minister and Shamanic Breathwork™ Facilitator by the Venus Rising Association for Transformation in May 2015, and have also learned valuable tools and techniques from several other shamanic traditions.